333
I was talking about favourite albums with Candice the other day and attempted to compile a list of my fave 10.
It was bloody hard. I don't think I can come to a conclusion, the list I made I'm still not happy wi'. Although I think Brand New - Deja Entendu will always figure highly in a mental list I make.
So instead of albums, here are:-
Some Songs What I Am Listening To Lots At The Moment:
He Is Legend - The Seduction
ROOOOOOOOAAAAR. This song is a rather fast paced affair, with flailing guitars and a catchy chorus. In between this are some shouty bits. I'm not a massive fan of shouty vocals in songs but it's cool here. It switches from shoutering to ace singy vocals in the chorus which is my cup o' tea.
All American Rejects - The Last Song
Nice catchy, catchy, bouncy music is the order of the day here. Most of the album is like this which makes me a Fan Of It. They just fall a bit flat when they do slow songs. There is a break in the middle of this song that reminds me of ballet and then there's a boobaleeboobalee effect before the song kicks back in. Awes.
Dugong - The More Rivers You Cross, The More You Know About Rivers
Ahhhh. This band have recently split up, just as I was getting into them which is a bit rubbish. This song, apart from having a supertastic title, is ace. It's starts slowly and then builds up with the drums crashing into some rocking guitars. They are English too, which is always good.
Fastlane - Million Times
This song is Perfick. It's ace, summery and all innocent. I just love, love, LOVE this song. It has guitar solo which automatically makes it Better Than A Song Without A Guitar Solo but then, then, good lord. This is one of my favourite bits in a song. It goes all quiet and Ben (lead singer, ahoy!) sings "I can't always fix the problem..." with a guitar strumming in the background before multi vocals belt out "That don't mean I'll TRY-TRY-TRY-TRY" and the song kicks back in rocking out to a finish. Awesome. It never fails to make me smile inside and bounce around.
Hot Hot Heat - Middle Of Nowhere
Ah yes. I likey this song. The build up to the chorus and the chorus itself are class. The lead singer has Perfick Teeth and a Curly Afro so they get bonus points. I like the line "...or just consistanly, inconsistant" as well.
Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek
This one isn't what people would class as My Taste but there's something about it that I like. There's no music in this here song but Imogen's voice has an effect on it which adds harmony and depth. It's so simple and kind of eery in a way but the overall outcome is amazing. Imogen Heap is also the singer in Frou Frou for those of you that didn't know. I'm a walking book of musical knowledge. Hooray!
Motion City Soundtrack - The Future Freaks Me Out
"I'm on fire, and now I think I'm ready, to bust a move, take it slow and rock it steady GO" opens this song, I love the way it is sang and delivered, makes me feel all dancy. Nice and synthed and keyboardy is this song. With a catchy riff. Yays!
Che - Shiver and The Eldora Parade - Juliette
Both of these songs are on the compilation Punktastic Unscene 2 that I recently purchased. It is a compilation of the best bands and songs around the UK scene at the moment. The song by Che is awesome, the vocals are SUPERB. That girl can sing! The Eldora Parade's track is just as good, it's got a nice 80's synth feel to it and the singer's voice is all cockney and suits this song brilliantly although I don't know if he's putting that voice on. Either way the song is good.
This Providence - Certain Words in Uncertain Times
Thought I'd make it ten on my list with one more track. This is a nice poppy affair which bounces along nicely with the strummed guitar and some type of synth effect. The chorus is to die for. Ace.
There you have it. Songs I'm liking lots. There are more but I'd be here all day like. If you've heard 'em let me know what you think and if you haven't... make sure you do cos they are just a bit well good.
chro.


1 Comments:
At 4:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
(Y) excellent!
oh yes and i knew that imogen was from frou frou. go me! do i get some extra credit? :D
i really like 'goodnight and go' by her.
Post a Comment
<< Home